We invite you to join us on the journey of watching, waiting, and mystery in this year's Advent and Christmas seasons. No matter who you are, where you are in life, or the journey of faith, there's a place for you at St. George's. Come as you are, and join us as we wait and watch in joyous anticipation for Emmanuel—God with us—who is already at work in making all things new.
Advent and Christmas Services and Concerts
- November 29th: 1st Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am - Annual Soup and Bun lunch to follow
- December 4th: North Island Choral Concert "Magificats" 7:30pm
- December 5th: North Island Choral Matinee "Magificats" 2:00pm
- December 6th: 2nd Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am
- December 7th: UCW Women’s Vesper’s Service 6:00pm
- December 12th: Blue Christmas/Celebrate a Life (At Comox United Church) 1:00pm
- December 13th: 3rd Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am
- December 19th: Carols and Lessons service (At Comox United Church) 7:00pm
- December 20th: Fourth Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am
Celebration Singers Afternoon Concert 2:30pm
- December 21st: Celebration Singers Concert 7:30pm
- December 24th: Christmas Eve Family Candlelight Service 6:30pm
- December 25th: Christmas Day Service 10:30am
- December 27th: First Sunday After Christmas Worship (with Carols) 10:30am
- January 3rd: Worship Celebrating the Epiphany of the Lord (the Visit of the Magi)
Advent Worship - Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13, and 20 at 10:30am
The season of Advent, beginning with the four Sundays before Christmas, marks the beginning of the Christian year. Advent is a time of anticipation and waiting. In these services we await the coming of Christmas, yes. But we are also waiting for God’s healing, God’s mercy, and God’s justice, waiting and hoping for a creation renewed, redeemed, and restored for good. Children's church and childcare with stories, songs and crafts is provided.
Christmas Eve Service - December 24th at 6:30pm
Join us Christmas Eve for an informal family service, where we'll listen to the Christmas story with new ears so we might see the world again with new eyes. There will be plenty of carols, an ad-hoc pageant which all children will be invited to join in to, complete with candlelight singing.
Christmas Day Service - December 25th at 10:30am
Join us Christmas morning as we mark the day with a more intimate, contemplative service. There will be many carols, including lesser-known ones. And we will celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion. Children are welcome, but no childcare is provided.
The First Sunday of Christmas - December 27th 10:30am
Join us for the first Sunday after Christmas, where we'll celebrate the season with carols and other festivities. Children's church and childcare with stories, songs and crafts is provided.
Epiphany Sunday (the Magi Visit) - January 3rd 10:30am
Join us as we wrap up the Christmas season and begin another with the visit of the Magi. Seasonal carols accompany the season of mystery and celebration of the sacrament of Holy Communion. Children's church and childcare with stories, songs and crafts is provided.
About the season(s)
The season of Advent, beginning with the four Sundays before Christmas, marks the beginning of the Christian year. Advent is a time of anticipation and waiting. We spend much of our lives waiting. Yet, as the people of Jesus, we find ourselves waiting for the coming of God in our lives, in our communities and in our world. We await God’s healing, God’s mercy, and God’s justice, waiting and hoping for a creation renewed, redeemed, and restored for good.
Christmas itself not only marks the birth of Jesus, and the coming of God in our midst. It also marks the beginning of our own continual rebirth. In Advent and Christmas, we are offered the gifts of Peace, Joy, Hope, and Love to guide us on our path as children of God, being re-made and growing in to God’s image each day, and experiencing the divine life here and now.