St. George's has been experiencing growth this past year! One area of particular growth is in children's participation in Sunday worship. As such, we are planning to divide our children into preschool (0-4) and school-aged children (5-10), and are seeking an enthusiastic, engaged, and open-minded adult to lead our school-aged children's church in spiritual nurture and formation.
Contact Cheyenne Hutt at email@example.com for more information or to apply.
The pay rate is $60 per week, and the starting date is June 1st, 2015 (flexible).
- This position involves planning, story telling, set up and clean up, and regular worship participation.
- Formation and implementation of curriculum in coordination with St. George's Children's Ministry Coordinator and the Minister
- Skill with leading school aged children (ages 5-10)
- Passionate about children's spiritual nurture and formation
- Commitment to nurturing an open-minded atmosphere of spiritual exploration
- Commitment to teach and lead in a way consistent with our children’s ministry philosophy as outlined in the document "A Vision for Children at St. George's United Church" as well as the theology of St. George's and the ethos of the United Church of Canada
- Must be willing to get a Level 2 Police Check