We invite you to join us on the journey of watching, waiting, and mystery in this year's Advent and Christmas seasons. No matter who you are, where you are in life, or the journey of faith, there's a place for you at St. George's. Come as you are, and join us as we wait and watch in joyous anticipation for Emmanuel—God with us—who is already at work in making all things new.
Join us for vibrant worship each week in the Advent Season, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, along with other community events.
Celebrate Christmas and Make a Difference
This year, St. George's wants to make an even deeper impact by turning our special events into events of generosity. Especially if you're a newcomer, these events are for you!
Community Christmas Sing-a-long
Sunday, December 17 3:00p.m.
Bring your friends & the whole family to sing all your holiday favourites, both sacred and secular. Hot chocolate & treats to follow! By donation: all proceeds to St. George’s SonRise Drop-in
Christmas Eve Family Candlelight Service
Sunday, December 24 6:30pm
Joy. Hope. Peace. Love. All are welcome to this family friendly celebration of the gifts of the season that don’t fit into a box. Total offering to be donated to Dawn to Dawn Action on Homelessness (dawntodawn.org)
Full Listing of Advent and Christmas Events & Services
- Sunday December 3rd: 1st Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am - Annual Soup and Bun lunch to follow
- Monday December 4th: UCW Women’s Vesper’s Service 6:00pm
- Sunday December 10th: 2nd Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am
- Saturday December 16th: Blue Christmas Service at Comox United 3:00pm
- Sunday December 17th: 3rd Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am, Community Carol Service 3:00pm
- Sunday December 24th: 4th Sunday in Advent Worship 10:30am
- Sunday December 24th: Christmas Eve Family Candlelight Service 6:30pm
- Monday December 25th: Christmas Day Carols and Communion 10:30am
- Sunday December 31: First Sunday After Christmas Worship (with Carols) 10:30am (at Comox Valley Presbyterian Church)
About the season(s)
The season of Advent, beginning with the four Sundays before Christmas, marks the beginning of the Christian year. Advent is a time of anticipation and waiting. We spend much of our lives waiting. Yet, as the people of Jesus, we find ourselves waiting for the coming of God in our lives, in our communities and in our world. We await God’s healing, God’s mercy, and God’s justice, waiting and hoping for a creation renewed, redeemed, and restored for good.
Christmas itself not only marks the birth of Jesus, and the coming of God in our midst. It also marks the beginning of our own continual rebirth. In Advent and Christmas, we are offered the gifts of Peace, Joy, Hope, and Love to guide us on our path as children of God, being re-made and growing in to God’s image each day, and experiencing the divine life here and now.